Friday, July 4, 2008

The Perfect Joomla Layout for a Site

They say that when using Google Adsense the most important thing you do after generating incoming traffic is ad placement. Some people report doubling or even quadrupling their Click Through Rates just by smarter Google Adsense Placement. The popular 336 Ad box is considered to attract the most clicks and no one knows why. Since I am a proponent of Joomla 1.5 ( its a long story ), I've found it difficult to find a template that just I wanted to be based around the 336 Ad Box. Like this website

http://www.familyfirst.com/
This website is said to have Click Through Rates much higher than normal. I've read that around other blogs that of figures around 20%! That's really high. So why don't we all make a layout like that? Find a template and build a site around it. Unfortunately its a lot more difficult when you are bound by the CMS you are using. I don't know many Filipino Joomla developers. Yes, I could make my own template but these days I focus more on writing or finding quality content. So, what's the quickest way to come up with a template like this for joomla?!

Switch to DRUPAL! That's easy! But I've grown to love joomla with all its idiocyncrasies. Besides the learning curve of Joomla is quite high not because it is a difficult cms but it stems from the fact that there seems to be an abundance of tools that are very useful that haven't been updated to work with the newest version of Joomla, Joomla 1.5 for example. It's not as straightforward as I hear Drupal is but I love Joomla.

Luckily I found this website

http://www.joomla24.com

If features 1500 Templates for Joomla! FREE! Templates such as this:

http://www.joomlademos.de/home?template=Avantgarde-Template-Joomla15x-Free

Offer so much more options than the standard Joomla left column navigation big content center column and small right miscellaneous column. Its almost like a blogging template. But makes it possible for you adsense boxes to blend in. I'll continue my search for prettier 3 column Drupal like blogsque columns for Joomla 1.5. But for now i think that that template above is almost my ideal Joomla 1.5 Adsense template.

Have you found your own ideal Adsense Joomla 1.5 template? If so tell me about it!

1 comment:

memondejar said...

I also use Joomla before but I find it hard to tweak mostly in monetizing purposes that's why I switched to Wordpress.